Perl Lexer (Front End)
The Perl parser (front end) enables the construction of Perl custom analysis tools, or source transformation tools. It is a member of SD's family of language front ends, based on first-class infrastructure (DMS) for implementing such custom tools. The Perl front end includes:
- Lexical analysis including parsing sources in ASCII and ISO8859-1, and UNICODE
- Conversion of literal values (numbers, escaped strings) into native values to enable easy computation over literal values
- String literals represented internally in UNICODE to support 16-bit characters
- Available as source code to enable complete customization
- Robustness due to careful testing and application across many customers
Many of these facilities come as a consistent consequence of the front end being built to top of DMS.
Here are some sample tools (many offered by SD as products) built using the Perl front end:
Your organization may use DMS with the Perl front end to implement and deploy your own custom tools. The sample tools can be obtained in source form as part of the Perl front end for customization. Semantic Designs is also willing to build custom tools under contract.