The Java CloneDR identifies and displays code segments within a system
that are identical or nearly identical (clones), supporting the consolidation of
clones to reduce the size and increase the clarity and reliability of the source
code. It is a member of Semantic Designs
- Dialects: Java Versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and Java 7
- Not dependent on any particular compiler
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can handle tens of thousands of source files
- Analysis can be parameterized by clone similarity threshold, clone size, maximum number of clone parameters, and other limits
- Each clone tuple characterized individually by mass, number of instances, number of parameters, similarity ratio, language syntax category, length, and location, with each instance pictured
- Produces a summary report in HTML including statistics sorted by various attributes and with links to HTML pages describing individual clones like this.
Semantic Designs also offers other Java tools.